Looking to build in 2020 with the introduction of both Federal and state New Home building grants you could have access to a potential of $55,000 of government grants to help you get into a new home.
Have a look below at some of the facts to see if you are eligible for the new home builder grants. If you are looking to build with a builder who has the knowledge to help you please contact us.
We service all areas from Perth, Dunsborough Including Busselton, Bunbury and of course the pristine Margaret River region
New Home Building Grants State and federal
The HomBuilder Grant is a time limited tax - free grant of $25,000 for those people building new homes or carrying out substantial renovations. Part of the criteria is you must sign Contracts between 4th June and 31st of December 2020.
- A Person over 18 years old (not a company)
- An Australian citizen
- Income cap of $125,000 per annul for an individual or $200,000 per annul as a couple.
- Building a new home as a principle residence, where the house and land do not exceed $750,000
- Purchase a House and Land package that does not exceed $750,000
- Major renovation to an existing home at your principal place of residence, at a value between $150,000 and $750,000, where the existing value of house and land is less than $1.5 million pre-renovation.
West Australia new home construction grant
Two grants are available to promote the growth of the West Australian residential construction industry.
A grant of $20,000 is available for eligible applicants.
- Proceed into a contract to build a new home on vacant land or
- The contract must be entered into between the 4th of June 2020 and the 31st of December 2020 if you receive one of these grants you may still be eligible for the first homeowners grant
- There is no cap on the value of contract